Skip Navigation

WestArk Retired & Senior Volunteer Program provides local seniors with opportunities to share their experience, abilities, and skills through volunteer community service in Benton, Boone, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Marion, Sebastian, and Washington counties.



FORT SMITH  (479) 783-4155     ROGERS (479) 636-0578


Free Tax preparaton -

One of services RSVP provides to our community is free tax preparation and financial literacy.  Partnering with the Internal Revenue Service, WestArk RSVP operates TCE (Tax Counseling for the Elderly) and VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) programs in Fort Smith and Rogers.  Volunteers serve by preparing and electronically filing federal and state tax returns for the elderly, disabled, unemployed, active duty military and families.  TCE returns are offered to those that are 60+ years of age, no income limit.  VITA returns are offered to those with incomes under $57,000.

WestArk RSVP has a core group of volunteers who have been involved with tax preparation for many years.  Each year additional tax volunteers are recruited enabling WestArk RSVP to assist more taxpayers.  All volunteers receive annual training, are tested, and certified by the IRS.  Volunteer tax preparers include retired accountants, teachers, engineers, business people and retired members of the military.

2021 Tax Season Extended Service

June 2 - September 15, 2021

Wednesdays 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.

Will prepare and electronically file 2018, 2019, and 2020 tax returns and amended returns.

Will prepare paper returns for 2016 and 2017.  Click on links below for additional information. 


Documentation Required:

  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and any dependents listed on your return.  I-TIN or A-TIN letters are acceptable.
  • Proof of identification for yourself and your spouse if filing jointly (valid state or federal ID).
  • Know the amount of your stimulus payments.
  • W-2 and/or 1099’s from each employer.
  • SSA-1099 form if received Social Security benefits.
  • Unemployment compensation 1099-G form (if any).
  • All 1099 forms and information for other income (if any).
  • A copy of last year’s tax return (if available).
  • If itemizing, please provide category totals for all deductions/credits.
  • Dependent care /Day care provider information; either Social Security # or EIN #.
  • Forms 1095-A, if you had Marketplace health insurance.
  • College students will need Form 1098T AND a copy of student account.
  • FOR AMENDED RETURNS bring copy of tax return to be amended.
  • For direct deposit of refund brind a check or account and routing numbers.

If you wish to prepare your own income tax return; visit

Copyright © 2021 · Powered by ThriveHive